Talking about domestic species, the list starts with cats. It is a small-sized carnivorous mammal. There is a unique, loving relationship between humans and cats.
Cat’s ability to kill Rodents and friendly nature with humans become the main reasons for developing this domestic relationship. Let’s discuss the Cat Breed Chart and other valuable information in the rest of the article.
|Aegean||A multi-color coat typed and found in Greece|
|Asian||An evenly solid coat type with a moderate body type|
|Bombay||A solid black cat found in Myanmar and USA|
|Egyptian Mau||A spotted tabby coat typed and found in Egypt|
Cat Breeds Chart
Only domestic cats are listed here. The cat breed chart contains established breeds recognized by several cat registries. New and experimental breeds and landraces are being standardized. Separate domestic populations not being actively promoted, and lapsed (dead) breeds.
- TICA (The International Cat Association) now recognizes 73 breeds.
- Registries may identify the same animal as multiple breeds due to breed data errors.
- Western breeders give cat breeds unusual geographical and cultural names.
- Domestic short-haired and long-haired cats are not breeds.
- A cat breed chart can be a useful tool for prospective cat owners.
Cat breeds can be described by their location of origin, coat type, size, color, type (Natural or Mutation), body type, and length. Tail language, body language, and ear positions of a cat can express a lot for those who understand.
“Time spent with cats is never wasted”Sigmund Freud
Most expensive Cat Breeds
Some people want a specific cat breed with a certain attitude and look. A rare cat is worth the cost.
Why are some cat breeds expensive? Breeders must pay multiple annual fees and register new pure-bred kittens to stay in business.
- Asheras are the most expensive. Can cost around $75,000.
- The breed was first introduced in 2006 by a company called Lifestyle Pets.
- Savannah, a slim, cat hybrid depends on how many generations it has been crossed.
- The Bengals are Egyptian Mau-Asian leopard cat hybrids. Bengal cats are leopard-like and smart.
- Thai Khao Manee is ancient and lucky. These lucky pets are devoted to their owners.
Korean Cat Breeds
Korea—North and South—have always loved/hated cats. This explains why this region has few breeds. Ancient Korean mythology portrays cats negatively. Cats were considered bad luck in Korean houses. The world’s most prevalent domestic pets, previously feared as omens of evil, are now treated as well-mannered and friendly pets.
- Two Korean cat breeds are indigenous. The Koshot and Korean Bobtail Cat.
- Koshots are Korean Puspin Short Hair cats from US or UK.
- Korean Yellow, this breed has a golden-yellow coat and is sometimes called the “Tiger Cat”
- Jeju Cat, this breed is native to the island of Jeju in South Korea.
Asian Cat Breeds
Asian Cats include Burmillas, Asian Selfs, Bombays, Tiffanies, Smokes, and Tabbies. Asian cats are amicable and get along with most cats. A weekly brush or hand grooming removes loose hair on these shorthaired cats. Asian cats are not actually Asian. The Burmilla was created in 1981 when a Chinchilla and a Burmese mated and had four kittens.
- Siamese cats are famous for their tri-color coats and bright blue eyes.
- Burmillas are silver or cream, whereas Tiffanies have medium-length coats and fluffy tails.
- Smokes are named for their silvery white undercoat and contrasting topcoat.
- Persian cats are known for their elegance and long, silky fur.
- Bengal, originating from the United States but with Asian leopard cat ancestry.
Chinese Cat Breeds
Ancient Chinese cats were more valued than dogs. Adopting a kitten was like getting married in ancient China. The kitten’s mother needs a gift. Small fish are considered gifts. Choosing a lucky time is a must. Ancient Chinese believed cats could frighten ghosts. In recent decades, China has adopted the Japanese Maneki Neko (fortune cat) concept of “Zhao Cai Mao” (cats that bring fortune).
- China has two native cat breeds: Dragon Li (Chinese Li Hua) and Sumxu.
- Chinese Li Hua cats date back to the Xiang Dynasty.
- Dragon Li and Li Hua Mao cats are one of China’s oldest domesticated breeds.
- The Chinese Li Hua breed, derived from the Chinese Mountain cat, is completely natural.
- Chinese Polydactyl, a unique breed from China with extra toes on their paws.
Cat Breeds in the United States
It’s surprising how many American cats breeds there are. The US has produced more than a dozen breeds of beautiful cats. Some U.S. cat breeds were spontaneous genetic mutations, while others were bred for a particular coat type, look, or characteristic. a number of these United States cat breeds are similar, while others are distinct. They look and act differently.
- American Shorthair, is a versatile and friendly breed that originated in the United States.
- American Bobtail, is a medium-sized breed with a distinctive bobbed tail.
- Sphynx is a hairless breed that originated in the United States.
- Ragdoll is a large and relaxed breed that originated in the United States.
- Maine Coon: a large and muscular breed that originated in the United States.
Cat Breeds in the UK
English cats include some popular and rare breeds. Some British cat species are similar, but others differ in looks and temperament. A few breeds are native to England, while others were developed there but have foreign ancestors. Many British cat breeds are already pets worldwide.
- British shorthair cats are probably the most well-known.
- British longhairs have fluffy coats and similar faces to shorthairs.
- Longhairs are bred from British shorthairs and Persians.
- The Devon Rex, a small, curly-coated British breed, is affectionate.
- Scottish Fold, a distinctive breed from Scotland, with folded ears.
Cat Breeds in Russia
Russian cats include common and rare breeds. Russian blue cats are popular worldwide. However, the Ussuri is rarely kept as a pet. Russian cat breeds are diverse. Many developed in different sections of Russia, therefore their ancestry is diverse.
- Donskoy is smart, affectionate, and social. Most days, they like companionship.
- Kurilian Bobtail, a natural breed from the Kuril Islands, with a distinctive tail.
- Siberian, a large and fluffy breed that originated in Russia
- Eastern Russia’s huge Siberian taiga is the breed’s home.
- Russian Blue is a sleek and elegant breed that originated in Russia.
Cats who do not meet their breed standard in recessive breeds (e.g., long-haired cats born from short-haired parents, colorpoint cats born from non-colorpoint parents) may be registered as variations or under a different breed name.
Cat breed charts can be described in a way to understand the characteristics of cats resulting from the reading of their vomit colors, poop colors, and sleeping positions.